Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Mochimochi cute

Found this post about the game Katamari Damacy by Anna of Mochimochiland via the Hilltop Cloud blog and I had to click through and take a look! It got me excited because I really enjoyed Katamari Damacy! Rolling up that quirky Japanese fantasy world is so much fun! :D

I first played it a few years back on a close friend's PSP (Playstation Portable) while on a trip together and just thoroughly enjoyed it! (The rest of the non-gaming parts of the vacation were fun too, of course. Great memories. <3)

So anyway, here's an image and a quote from the "About" section of Mochimochiland:
"Mochimochi Land was launched in 2007 as a place where knitted toys and 
 people can live together in a spirit of tolerance. You too can advance 
human-toy understanding by knitting a new friend!"

It looks like loads of fun. Knitting, adorable quirkiness and video games - I love it! Check out this wonderfully fantastical animation of sledding yetis from Anna! She also has a wonderful shop on the site that is full of adorable, whimsical patterns, and some kits too!

I think I actually came across (-and fell in love with, just look at them!) the images of her Rainy Cloud and Stackable Cats patterns a few years ago, but somehow never found her blog until now! I have got to try some of these adorable tiny (and not so tiny) toys. Wonderful, quick, tiny knits are always great for adding to the list of completed projects. :p
Rainy Cloud
Stackable Cats

In other news, I've been feeling a little bit overwhelmed lately because I've discovered so many incredible blogs by amazingly crafty, creative, artistic people! It's all so wonderfully inspiring but also reminds me of all my various interests and all the things I want to get into and play around with and there just doesn't seem to be enough time for all of it!


(All images in this post from Mochimochiland.)

No comments:

Post a Comment