Monday, April 16, 2012

Foray into knitting cables - Merletto mitts

Hope everyone had a wonderful, restful weekend! So anyway, here's what I've been working on - these Merletto fingerless mitts! (click link for pattern on Ravelry)

Like the title says, this is the first time I'm knitting cables. I was a little unsure on my first cable but after a couple tentative cable rows and upon seeing the piece grow and the pattern take shape, I've gotten the hang of it It's really quite easy and I think it's going pretty well!

I'm knitting it on 1 circular needle and with the wrong way out but I just need to flip it inside out and it's all good. :p These are images of the patterned half of it which corresponds to the back of the hand when worn. The palm-side half is just worked in regular stockinette stitch and I didn't take any pictures of it. I'll post more when I finish them!

Here it is on the WS (wrong-side).
And this is flipped over to the RS (right side) so that the pattern appears as it should!

No comments:

Post a Comment